Books I'm reading.

  • Book of Longing Leonard Cohen
  • September September Shelby Foote
  • You Better Not Cry Augusten Burroughs

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lunch with the Ladies


These are my gal pals with whom as of 2 weeks ago I have lunch each Wednesday. The first couple of lunches have been uneventful (minus the 6 places we tried to eat yesterday that were not yet open-that's what happens when bar flies come out during the day), but being the creative people we are, we see the potential for something far grander than we initially intended with these weekly excursions. I envision fabulous themed lunches for which we don kimonos for sushi or...well that's my only idea so far, but I'll leave 2/3rds of the planning to these ladies. We decided that each week one of us would choose where to eat and shop (starting with Alicia-alphabetical order), the only stipulation being that it has to be somewhere that we have never eaten before. If that rule sticks, we could be in for a real tour of DC cuisine. Anything that breaks me out of my "I only go to the same 4 restaurants all the time" shell is a good thing. I'll keep you posted (no pun intended) on our exploits.

No comments: